Lighting extends the enjoyment of your outdoor spaces to all seasons and all times of day. Lighting improves safety by making it easier to see stairs, paths and patios. Effectively-placed lights can enhance the night-time beauty and brilliance of particular landscaping features. Silhouetting a special detail can add a nice highlight to your landscape.
We install low-voltage light fixtures that are dimmer and use less energy than light fixtures in your home. Our designers incorporate the following landscape lighting techniques:
- Ambient lighting – soft light to create an inviting atmosphere for evening outdoor living
- Down lights – functional task lighting
- Up lights – create a variety of outdoor lighting effects; used to illuminate architectural features of your house and landscape
- Spot lights – draw attention to a sculpture, fountain or other interesting feature, such as a tree with beautiful branch structure
- Wash lights – create a low, even spread of light that illuminates shrubs, plants or textured wall surfaces
NOTE: While landscape contractors are qualified to install low-voltage lighting, electricians usually provide an outdoor GFI power source to all transformers, irrigation controllers, and water features.
“The landscape tells a different story at night than it does during the day.”